Eatonton Cotton Warehouse

118 north Jefferson Ave
Eatonton , GA 31024
(866) 536-0054
Hours:
Open for tours Wednesdays 11am-2pm

About Us

The Eatonton Cotton Warehouse was constructed in 1902, when the major economic influence in Putnam County was growing and selling cotton. Originally named J.R. Griffen Cotton Warehouse, the building read more
  • About

    The Eatonton Cotton Warehouse was constructed in 1902, when the major economic influence in Putnam County was growing and selling cotton. Originally named J.R. Griffen Cotton Warehouse, the building warehoused cotton sold by local farmers awaiting transport via railroad. The building also housed the Eatonton Board of Trade offices. It was not unusual for bales of cotton to overflow from the warehouse and be stored all around the building and even in the streets. After the cotton industry in the county was destroyed by the Boll Weevil, the building became the H.B. Hearn warehouse, where farm supplies were stored and sold. The building was purchased in 2006 by the current owner, and he has dreamed of utilizing the space to benefit the community and to help revitalize the downtown district.

    Recent renovations include the addition of a catering kitchen, construction of restrooms, salvaging and resealing the original hardwood doors, dress up of the main entrance to offer a great first impression and the addition of special lighting to capture the beauty of the brick walls and surrounding space. Most importantly, our climate-controlled space can accommodate up to 615 guests . The large main area seats up to 350 people and still leaves enough space to dance the night away in the entertainment area.

  • Highlights

    • Private events
    • Concert Space
    • Event Space
    • Wedding Venue
    • Tours
  • Media